Sri T.Harish Rao, Hon’ble Minister for Finance and Sri Somesh Kumar, IAS, Chief Secretary to Govt. held a meeting at BRKR Bhavan on the implementation of covid vaccination drive in the State.
The Hon’ble Minister directed that vaccination of the remaining 6 lakh persons from identified from high exposure categories in GHMC, GWMC and all other ULBs of the State should be completed in the next four days. It was further decided to vaccinate the following categories of persons also on priority:
• 16,000 dialysis and Thalassemia patients.
• 3 lakhs auto and cab drivers in ULBs.
• 25,000 Engineering Staff working in all the Engineering Departments.
• 45,000 field staff working in Power Sector.
• 5,000 field level employees in Agriculture.
• 30,000 field staff of Revenue earning departments.
• 6000 IKP field staff.
• 15,000 Bank Employees in the districts.
• 13,000 Postal Employees.
• 60,000 Public Representatives of Urban and Rural Local Bodies.
• 35,000 RMP and PMPs practising in rural areas.
• 50,000 Poojari, Imams and Church Pastors.
It was noted that payment had been made to vaccine manufacturing companies for 16 lakhs doses which were yet to be supplied. It was therefore also decided to appoint a Special Officer to pursue the matter and ensure that receipt of this stock was expedited.Sri S.A.M.Rizvi, Secretary, Health, Sri Srinivas Rao, Director, Public Health, Dr.Ramesh Reddy, Director, Medical Education and Dr. Gangadhar, OSD to Hon’ble CM were present in the meeting.